Hiring the right video production company is critical to the success of your video projects, and one of the first steps in hiring the right company is the interview. It's important to know what questions to ask during the interview to help you determine if the company is the best fit for your video project needs. We recommend asking the following 6 questions when interviewing your next video production company:
1. Do you have any prior experience with our particular industry? The video production company may have an impressive resume, but you need to make sure that they have experience with your industry and the types of products/services that you offer. This can have a significant impact on the focus and direction of the production process and final product.
2. What does collaboration mean to your team? Collaboration requires communication and you should know how the company works with their clients to produce finished videos that match their clients' visions and objectives. The stronger the communication skills of the company, the higher the quality and effectiveness of the finished video. Ensure that they have a process that is flexible to meet the needs of how you and your team like to be communicated with, and also ensuring there is ample amount of communication both ways to make sure the project is a success.
3. What type of equipment do you use? It's important to ask the video company you're interviewing about the different types of equipment they use, from cameras and lighting, to production supplies and trucks. Making sure the company is using first-class equipment with the latest technology will ensure your video project is of the highest quality possible.
4. How do you manage the moving parts of the production? There are many moving parts during a video's production. These include script writing, crew management, pre-production and post-production planning. The answers you receive should create a clear picture of how the team manages the logistics that occur behind the scenes of the project from start to finish.
5. What post-production support do you offer? What happens if a video doesn't perform as well as everyone was expecting? Sometimes it is necessary to return to the drawing board after a finished video underperforms with your target audience. You should know what support they will provide should a video need any adjusting and/or editing.
6. What is the marketing strategy when the video is ready to promote? It is important to know the company's strategy when building out an integrated marketing campaign for your video. This includes using different mediums such as: organic search, social media, email, blogging etc. to promote the video out to your audience. While the company may not provide those dedicated services, they can help you build out a plan and promotion strategy that your team can execute to ensure you're maximizing the visibility of your video.
You will also want to pay close attention to the questions the company asks your team. Are the questions relevant to your objectives? Do they understand your needs and goals? Are you comfortable that the company has the insight, capability, and expertise that your production requires? When everything aligns perfectly, you will know that you have found the right video production company to produce and shoot your next video.
Are you looking to hire a video production company to help with your next project? We invite you to download our complimentary case study to learn how partnering with a video production company can help you achieve high impact results for your next video shoot.