Video is one of the most important pieces to consider in your digital marketing strategy. 63% of businesses are already using video as a marketing tool and 79% of consumers would rather watch a video than read text to learn about a product. Video is known to elicit deeper customer attachment because it tells a story they can identify with and is more interactive than text content.
So, is video marketing worth the time and investment? Yes, it is. And it’s not because everyone is doing it. It’s because video is versatile and profitable with 84% of customers convinced to make a purchase after watching a video. Here are five reasons to incorporate video into your digital strategy.
- Video Improves Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It's no secret, Google loves videos. Did you know that you’re 53% more likely to rank first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website? Because Google understands that users love videos, it rewards your website with higher rankings if the videos are high quality. It also rewards sites depending on how long users spend on your site by virtue of the videos. Optimize the videos on your site by writing interesting titles, descriptions, and getting back-links for great SEO.
- Video Help Convey Your Message: Businesses that have explainer videos on their websites say that 83% of the time, they have been effective in conveying the intended message. When launching a new product or service, or when trying to explain a difficult concept, videos your content to life much more than plain text can. Make videos that help you stand out from your combination. Remember that it is the combination of entertainment, nostalgia, and simplicity that makes individuals click to learn more, request information, and ultimately become a customer of your brand. Conveying those messages in unique ways online will help you build that connection with your prospects and customers faster and more effectively than other channels.
- Video Marketing Generates Greater ROI: 83% of businesses that have employed video marketing say that video gives a very good return on investment. Even though video production may not be the easiest or the least expensive part of your overall marketing strategy, it certainly does pay off and positively impact your bottom line. Video marketing helps to keep your prospects engaged, which leads to them likely acting on the sales process much sooner than they would have without the visual and interactive component of video. To help to track ROI, there are several tools that provide analytics on video including Wistia, Vimeo, Vidyard, and more. Those, in tandem with your CRM and/or marketing automation platform, can help you track sales directly back to video.
- Video Gives You Creative Freedom: Video marketing gives you the freedom to get your message across in a unique way. When your customers visually understand how you can be a solution to their known, or even unknown, problems, they identify better with your unique selling point that puts you above the competition. Utilize your videos to bring out creativity and distinctiveness that will keep the customers coming back to watch more engaging videos, and to bring prospects and customers further through the buyer’s journey.
- Video Provides Value to Viewers: ‘How to’ videos have grown at a view rate of 70% year over year since 2015. Because ‘how to’ is considered the optimal route to true human connection, use of such videos is highly encouraged. These types of explanatory videos save viewers a lot of time and add value to them by providing visual, auditory, and hands-on learning processes be it in home improvement, beauty, cooking, and more. Consider a few explanatory videos as part of your upcoming video initiatives.
As you can see, your business needs to build a successful online presence to continue to engage your prospects and customers. Video as a part of that digital strategy will help you maximize your interaction with those individuals and bring them through the buyer’s journey at a faster rate to generate ROI for your business.
Are you looking to hire a video production company to help with your next project? We invite you to download our complimentary case study to learn how partnering with a video production company can help you achieve high impact results for your next video shoot.